Car locked while running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flash

Reaction score
There are times we need to leave the car on and still running. I have noticed though on return, sometimes the car is now off. I read that this can happen after 15 minutes. Is there a way to increase that time so it stays on longer and is still locked?
This is a 2021 Premier.

Last edited:

Flash

Reaction score
LOL, most popular list with no answer. Thankfully I found one.

KarlV

Reaction score
From what I have been told, no you cannot extend it. The only thing you can do is start it a second time and then after that you need to put the key in and do a key cycle. Otherwise the remote start will not work again.

Flash

Reaction score
Not so, at least on the wife's Premier

1. Press the Lock button on the FOB
2. Immediately press the "turn over arrow" for at least 4 seconds or until the turn signal lamps flash.
Parking lamps should turn on and stay on as long as the engine is running. The vehicle's doors will be locked.
The engine will shut off after 15 minutes unless a time extension is done or the engine is turned on.
For a 15-minute extension, after 30 seconds repeat steps 1 and 2 while the engine is still running. This can be done only once.
When the remote start is extended, the second 15 minutes will be added to the first for a total of 30 minutes.

Now I did not use the FOB at all, just doing what I said early, so will have to try this method. I have no Key, just a push button.

KarlV

Reaction score
Flash,
You are correct on that, What I was referring to and I think the original question is, extending it from 15 minutes to 20,25 or 30 minutes without having to do the extension cycle. if you could increase the running time to 30 minutes and be able to do the cycle twice, you would then get 60 minutes of run time. With these gas prices, I wouldn't want that. :)

Flash

Reaction score
Plus in this heat, with no air moving. I don't think I would want to go over 30 minutes.

Members online

No members online now.