Can I use a non-dealer to replace battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mary

Reaction score
Battery on my 2017 Equinox died without warning. Dealerships have 2 weeks wait list to get into shop. Auto parts stores like Advance Auto, etc., won't change batteries on this make and model. Where else do I go. I have no other way to get to work, etc. Very frustrated with this situation.

rlock

Reaction score
Hi Mary; There is nothing special at all about the battery installed in your 2017 or the install process. I might recommend COSTCO for a replacement.
I'm thinking that now might be a good time to wean yourself off the less personal and more expensive "dealership" service and ask family and friends if they could recommend a mechanic shop to you.
A good small mechanic shop is worth it's weight in gold after cars are no longer within warranty.

TARDIS B

Reaction score
I bought my battery at Advanced Auto and replaced myself. It was starting slow for a couple mornings. It died at work the day I planned on buying a battery on my way home, 😂

chevyequinox

Reaction score
Shop around. Could not get my battery from Costco. At the time dealer was cheaper than other places.

Members online