C atalyst system effiency

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waldo

Reaction score
hi.. got a cel on 2016 6cy Nox.. code comes up P0430 and translates to Catalyst system efficiency below threshold, bank 2. And some more digging on OBD comes up with Catalyst monitor bank 2. so i am not sure if this is a sensor or catalyst issue...
any ideas or help be appreciated.
thanks Al

Jkb242

Reaction score
hi.. got a cel on 2016 6cy Nox.. code comes up P0430 and translates to Catalyst system efficiency below threshold, bank 2. And some more digging on OBD comes up with Catalyst monitor bank 2. so i am not sure if this is a sensor or catalyst issue...
any ideas or help be appreciated.
thanks Al
Your scan tool should capture which sensor to which this applies (0 or 1). Not being familiar with that code, it seems obvious it's sensor 1, post convertor. The most likely issue is the catalytic convertor has failed. Very Much less likely is the O₂ sensor on bank 2. There are aftermarket convertors like Walker and others that might be available for your car saving you hundreds. Call around to muffler shops that specialize in exhaust system repairs. Stay away from the sensor “MODS” that if detected at inspection will fail regardless of OB2 readings. It might even be under warranty, you should check.

Waldo

Reaction score
hi.. after doing more research, it may be neither, have read could be cracked manifold or exhaust leak at connections, I have notice the last month on cold start, i do hear a slight exhaust leak, but after completely warmed up, goes away, obviously metal expanding and sealing the leak. I dis the battery Sat for a bit, hooked it up, remote start started working again, and no cel for cpl days, I know it will come back, but hopefully in may or june when may be a bit warmer to crawl around. Thanks for you input sir. my obd reader just says bank 2.

Members online

No members online now.