Brake Rotors Turned.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Just reporting that my Nox has 61k miles on it and I had a slight vibration while braking.

Checked everything and took the rotors to be turned at Sears for $11 each!

A couple easy tips that can prevent this from happening besides normal wear is to make sure you torq your lug nuts whenever you remove a tire. If one lug is tighter all the way around it "can" cause rotor warpage over time. I normally torq my lugs at 125 ft pounds..

They took 6000th of a inch from each side of the rotors. They are installed and the car seems to be braking smoothly again.

2012-10-06_20-03-52_675.jpg

prheaume

Reaction score
I've found a guy here that have really serious price about parts. I've done a brake job on a torrent, cost 70$ cash for the 2 disc and brake pads. Don't know how he makes his money lol

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
They look new again.
I bet it stops like new again.
O and I only have 19,000 on my (2011) Terrain.
LOL

Paul79UF

Reaction score
For the torque, the recommended torque by GM is not 100?

That's what I was thinking.

It seems like most manufacturers have 75 to 100 in the owner's manual.

I've been reading that re-surfacing the rotors is not necessary unless you do have vibration like you stated.

My '01 Grand Prix went 105k miles with the original rotors with perfect braking. They may have made the OEM rotors a bit thicker back then.

I was hoping to get at least 80k on the nox rotors.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
It might be due to the fact that my wife is a heavy on the brake.

Yes, Agree, only resurfaces rotors if you are experiencing any vibrating in the brakes.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I'll report this past weekend i had to take the front brake apart. I could tell my rotors were warped however the bigger annoying issue.... Squealing!!!

Turned out the Pads had some built up fragments in the channel, so i cleaned that out, turned the rotors, put everything back together and feels brand new again.

Even better news i've only used 1/4 of the pads in 45,000 miles. Would be awesome to get to 100K miles with factory brakes!

Members online

No members online now.