Bluetooth issues with 2014 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbillsd

Reaction score
I picked up a new Equinox LTZ for my wife late last year so she could have hands free and audio streaming. The phone mostly worked with her old HTC EVO, but audio streaming had an issue where it was always paused and I couldn't get it unpaused. I decided to upgrade her phone to a new LG model with 4G LTE this time. Phone is now bulletproof, and audio streaming seems to work but the Pandora doesn't work. It pairs with my Sony TL phone and works just fine. Is the GM mylink just not ready for primetime or what? Is there an update to the audio firmware? Both her phones worked flawlessly with my Nissan Leaf.

Ideas?

Thanks, Bill

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I think at best there should be a reflash that they can do at the dealership.

I personally have never tried to stream my music through Bluetooth like Pandora but everything else worked great.

I've heard they are having more issues integrating the iphones with this newer blue tooth system.

bigbillsd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I cannot explain what happened, but a few days later I tried it again and pandora worked fine. I changed nothing, but the prior time my phone had linked with the car first, the time it worked, i didn't bring my phone out, and her phone paired first and pandora worked like expected. Maybe a bug if another phone pairs first and then is removed and second phone is paired.
As for the iphone issues, I don't subscribe to that belief system. But its probably Apple deciding they only want it to work with the iCar so they are getting their customers ready. -Bill

Missey1976

Reaction score
2014 Equinox Bluetooth Issues

I have a 2014 equinox, if I connect my ipod via bluetooth it plays fine as long as i don't try to forward to another song. When I go forward to another song it pauses and stops playing. If I hook it up via usb it works great as long as I don't try and switch playlist, because then for some reason it takes it off shuffle. If i use the voice command to ask it to play a certain track it also takes it off shuffle and I actually have to unhook it to select shuffle and hook it back up. i don't know if this is a MyLink, Chevy, or Apple issue. I had the same usb issue with my 2013 Malibu .:pshyco:

Please Help.

pieter

Reaction score
I realize this is an older post, but FWIW I have the same issue with USB and playlists on my '13 1LT, if I put the play list on shuffle and go to a different playlist I have to re-engage shuffle on the new playlist and quite frankly I would expect to have to do that. I just live with it.

jabaylis

Reaction score
Bluetooth issues with iphone 5

My iphone 4 worked fine with my Equinox. But when I updated to an iphone 5, it will not pair. Even the Chevy mechanic tried, but it still wouldn't work. Help! What can I do? I really need the Bluetooth working in my vehicle for work.

Robin

Reaction score
Bluetooth issues with iphone 5

In 2014 when I got my Chevy Equinox I spent several months trying to pair my iPhone 5c. Finally had to get a 5s (5$$$) which paired! After almost a year my 5$ will not pair!!! : (

tpm

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum and couldn't find a new thread or post option.
Maybe someone can direct me. Question I have is when getting a new text message I can select "listen" on the MyLink screen, is there any button on the steering wheel to do this as well?

Again sorry for posting out of place

Members online

No members online now.