BLUE cruise-control indicator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kskruser

Reaction score
2022 LT with adaptive cruise control:

I'd swear (may have been dreaming) the cruise-control indicator in the DIC (the little speedometer icon, with a 'car' if adaptive) turned BLUE at one time. C-c went inactive, and I don't recall what led up to this... I turned c-c off with the left-hand button, and then back on with the bottom button, and the indicator went green as usual. Does not seem to be a serious problem, since the system works fine ever since.

I know about WHITE (c-c off) and GREEN (c-c on), but I can't find anything in the manual about BLUE.

Has anybody seen this, or know what it means?

-Richard

spaycace

Reaction score
I've noticed the symbol go blue if: 1, I step on the accelerator pedal with cruise control still engaged; 2, if the adaptive cruise control disengages due to sun reflection or some other reason that makes it disengage. It's designed that way so you know the cruise is engaged, but something is "interfering" with the setting.
White symbol means master control is turned on, but cruise control is not engaged
Green symbol means cruise control is powered on AND engaged
Symbol with car means it's in Adaptive Cruise Control mode (all colors)
Symbol with no car means "normal" Cruise Control mode (all colors)

ricklack

Reaction score
Owner's manual
page 220:
When the accelerator pedal is pressed,
ACC will not brake because it is
overridden. The ACC indicator will turn
blue on the instrument cluster

page 224:

ACC Override
If using the accelerator pedal while ACC is
active, the ACC indicator turns blue on the
instrument cluster indicating ACC braking
will not occur. ACC will resume operation
when the accelerator pedal is not being
pressed.

I have found if I really mash the pedal and greatly exceed the set speed that adaptive cruise will turn blue and then disable. I can turn it back on immediately.

spaycace

Reaction score
I’ve never had the adaptive cruise disengage from acceleration of any kind. So far, only sunlight/weather, braking, and occasional shadow braking have caused the adaptive cruise to disengage. If the sunlight interferes, I simply turn off the adaptive cruise, and set the “normal” cruise control… but you have to remember to turn the adaptive cruise back on once the interference is over.

markgws6

Reaction score
I’ve never had the adaptive cruise disengage from acceleration of any kind. So far, only sunlight/weather, braking, and occasional shadow braking have caused the adaptive cruise to disengage. If the sunlight interferes, I simply turn off the adaptive cruise, and set the “normal” cruise control… but you have to remember to turn the adaptive cruise back on once the interference is over.
^^^ I second that. If you apply throttle when the adaptive cruise is engaged, it will turn blue. It means you are telling the system you want to go faster than the current set speed and it's giving up "throttle control" to you (and apparently auto braking control, which I think is dangerous.)

Members online

No members online now.