Black emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riggz

Reaction score
Anyone purchased the black replacement bow tie emblems for the front and rear off eBay for a 2011-2012? I was going to purchase some, but thinking about taking them off and painting or powder coating them myself.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Anyone purchased the black replacement bow tie emblems for the front and rear off eBay for a 2011-2012? I was going to purchase some, but thinking about taking them off and painting or powder coating them myself.

I've always painted mine...if done correctly, they hold up nicely, and IMO look better then the black vinyl

Lightly sand the emblem, use acetone to clean it, let dry before painting. Use plastic paint primer for a base coat. Then use w/e type of paint you wish after that, I've used factory paint in spray cans and I've used plastic paint top coats. Both lasted nicely. I never did the Nox because I already had so much "blacked out", the last car I did was my SS/TC, black emblems on a yellow looked great. On my latest car, just going to de-badge the rear, and leave the rings in the center.

backroad

Reaction score
I blacked out both front and back bow ties and left only the outline as part of my all black stealth treatment

Attachments

• eq front.jpg
    eq front.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 83
  • eq back.jpg
    eq back.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 75

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Keep thinking about doing that to my SUV.
O wait I do not have a bowtie.
Darn it.
LOL

Looks good blacked out.

backroad

Reaction score
used vinyl covers for the front (not recomended, I am spending $400 to redo) and had the rears spray tint (done profesionally). I will have the new front headlights sprayed this week to match the back.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
used vinyl covers for the front (not recomended, I am spending $400 to redo) and had the rears spray tint (done profesionally). I will have the new front headlights sprayed this week to match the back.

Make sure we get some pictures!

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Members online

No members online now.