Bad motor or trans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cavell

Reaction score
Our pic and pull yard has low prices. This week motors/trans are 40% off. So, what are odds both are bad? They have 30day exchange if they are bad. But you have to return it. I walked by an Acadia today and motor was sitting on ground. The trans was gone. The transfer case was left behind too. I don’t need a 3.6 motor, but how can you tell condition? Pull timing cover and check chain looseness?
motor is $175 minus 40% or $100?
sucks. They have 500 cars and 2 equinoxes. From 2010 and newer

waltham41

Reaction score
If money is the biggest factor and you aren't paying labor and you don't mind pulling a bad motor and taking it back this can be a way to fix your car. I've personally seen more people get bad motors and tranny's than good ones but that's just my experience.

cavell

Reaction score
Very low odds of ever finding a trans at u pull it yards. easy to find a used unit but it will be approx $800.

Richard

Reaction score
There is an older thread on here about the 2.4 engines. Chev knows ther is a problem but no recall so they will replace motors out of warrenty, they just don’t give it out you have to go above the dealers head.

cavell

Reaction score
Saw a 2010 at yard with 2.4 motor gone. It had a 11dtw trans. But, I’m betting the trans is no good. As suv had no body damage and no motor.

Members online