Awful headlights on 2021...can I put LED in there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_Ghost

Reaction score
I have a question. My older parents just leased a new 2021 base Equinox. So they have Halogen headlights. They are complaining about the headlights to me already. I drove it and must say...they are horrific at best!!! Can I put LEDs/HIDs in the projectors without any mods or will these blind oncoming traffic like they will in older, open style headlights? Will the electrical system and wiring handle putting these in the vehicle?

dantheman

Reaction score
Installing LED lights on Halogen housing will blind oncoming traffic. I purchased LED headlight housing on eBay and installed on my 2014 Equinox. I did not do any electrical modification.

Attachments

• IMG_2441.JPG
    IMG_2441.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 4

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Installing LED lights on Halogen housing will blind oncoming traffic. I purchased LED headlight housing on eBay and installed on my 2014 Equinox. I did not do any electrical modification.
I do appreciate the answer, but the 2021 has projector housings already. Why they would put a halogen bulb is beyond me. I'm well aware of blinding oncoming traffic as I have done plenty of research on conventional housings. But as I stated the 2021 Equinox already has projector style housings and even the "upper curtain" that controls the height of the lights....so not sure why they have halogen and not sure if I could just replace them with LEDs/HIDs.

dantheman

Reaction score
As long as you have projector housing and in your case you even got the upper curtain, the light shouldn't blind the oncoming traffic. I only have the projector housing and my light beam is perfect.
Halogen bulbs are probably found on less expensive models and LEDs on high end models.

Members online

No members online now.