Auto Stop Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlrshort

Reaction score
Hi, I can't find a specific answer to my issue regarding Auto Stop. Not that I really like it, but it spontaneously stopped working for no reason I can find. Anyone know why this would happen and whether this may signal any other issues or problems? TIA

ricklack

Reaction score
It does not stop the engine if the AC is on, or if it is cold enough that you need heat - or if the engine is not up to normal operating temp.

If none of those conditions exists, then possibly your switch (if so equipped) is failing and failed in the position that turns off the feature.

Possibly a fuse could be the issue, check your manual for fuse locations and identification.

JBR

Reaction score
Hi, I can't find a specific answer to my issue regarding Auto Stop. Not that I really like it, but it spontaneously stopped working for no reason I can find. Anyone know why this would happen and whether this may signal any other issues or problems? TIA
I believe that it is tied in to the hood open sensor. Try opening and closing the hood several times and see if that works.

As suggested above, it will not stop the engine if the climate control is calling for cold air. One way to test the system is after the engine is fully warmed up and the vehicle is stopped with your foot on the brake, turn off the air conditioning by pressing the power button on the climate control.

Incidentally, consider yourself fortunate that the Auto Stop doesn' work/

CoolDad

Reaction score
You didn't accidently put it into manual shift mode?

onslow

Reaction score
Mine did that for several months then one morning it wouldn't start. Needed a new battery and then the auto-stop was back. I think if the battery is not perfect it doesn't do auto-stop.

Members online