Android/Equinox audio integration.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
So yeah once I got my Droid I sold my iPod thouch. I was curious if anyone else knows if there is talk about making the android smart phones capable of select/browsing songs through the factory radio?

rbiggers

Reaction score
aftermarket remote start

I have decided to add an aftermarket remote start system in our 2010 Equinox (We have an LT with several upgrades and not an LT2:pshyco:). I found a system on Crutchfield that integrates this through your Droid or Iphone (no remote). I believe it said you have radio control ability on your phone as well. I'll go look at it again and post a link to it. It sounds like an awesome system! Will be a good X-Mas present for my wife as well!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I have decided to add an aftermarket remote start system in our 2010 Equinox (We have an LT with several upgrades and not an LT2:pshyco:). I found a system on Crutchfield that integrates this through your Droid or Iphone (no remote). I believe it said you have radio control ability on your phone as well. I'll go look at it again and post a link to it. It sounds like an awesome system! Will be a good X-Mas present for my wife as well!

I am wondering if you will be able to scroll through your songs on the radio instead of controlling play on Droid...

rbiggers

Reaction score
Is the remote on your LT2 anything like the GM Advance remote for the Silverado? I'm seriously considering adding that to my truck. I read on our truck forum that you can control the radio stations with that one. If I can find one just like it for the Equinox, that's probably what I'll end up getting, unless the audio shop has one with the Iphone integration for a decent price.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
No its the same switch blade key fob that you should have...

But I know what you mean. Those remotes are bad fwonking A!

mdp123

Reaction score
Has anybody had any luck getting an android to connect via USB with the 2011 system? My old iphone would just plug in and play the music but I cant get the Nox to even acknowledge my Galaxy S2 is connected via USB.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
No at the moment. This was a bummer for me at first but over all I am much happier with my Bionic over my iphone. My truck does not have the usb anyways so I am used to just plugging in the aux chord in on the dash.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Has anybody had any luck getting an android to connect via USB with the 2011 system? My old iphone would just plug in and play the music but I cant get the Nox to even acknowledge my Galaxy S2 is connected via USB.

I just got my 2012 LTZ without MYLink, and i can't get my HTC EVO 3D to be recognized either. At least i can get it to link up for Bluetooth. I also have a Microsoft Zune 8GB which when plugged in radio states "Device not Recognized" I wish they would come out with a list of devices that would work for each configuration. The big question is when we get new phones in the future will they even link via bluetooth? Lets hope so!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
They will always work with Blue tooth. It's a Universal Standard. I had a ipod when we first got our Nox... It was nice to have the integration but it was definitely having over a Android device for me.. I'd rather be without the integration.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
That's good to know, i've had alot of phones in the past that never worked with my Tom Tom via bluetooth. Any idea if GM will have firmware updates to update the list of MP3 players in the future?

Members online

No members online now.