Air bag sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpsawchuk

Reaction score
Well, my 2006 Equinox threw an airbag code at me so after doing my due diligence on YouTube I got over to O'Reilly Auto parts (they try to price match RockAuto and got within 5 bucks of the before shipping price this time for me). Swapped the module (with the battery completely disconnected) and put it all back together to get the code to clear. New code : and my scan tool said to check the website... Turns out these sensors need to be programmed into the SRS computer to function properly. Going to visit the dealer shop and see about getting the sensor programmed. Will post pictures and what the reprogram cost in a future post.

mpsawchuk

Reaction score
Well, $89 later (what Dave Ramsey calls my 'stupid tax') the techs at the dealership identified that the wrong SRS sensor is the one I installed. The right one has a numeric code that should match up on the body. (my bad, don't let it happen to you!) both front end sensors are physically identical. No reprogramming is required--don't let a stray Experts blog tell you otherwise!

Members online