AC Compressor keeps seizing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JlWilton

Reaction score
I hope that someone might be able to shed some light on a recurring problem with my 2010 Equinox LS.

This past summer the AC Compressor seized up. I had it replaced...which was not cheap. The care worked good for about a month and it seized up again. The dealership replaced the part, which was under warranty.

This has happened two more times. We had it replaced a month ago and this morning, it seized up again!

The service department said they have not been able to discern why it keeps happening. Has anyone else dealt with this? Thank you very much.

cavell

Reaction score
So, parts/labor to fix now is covered by repair warranty? I bet shop is saying, go away. In years past, you might put filter on suction side of lines. Don’t know if that is an option theses days. I had a bum compressor on my caddy and there was crud in orifice tube that I cleaned out. I put on new compressor and it worked but so-so. Never was ice cold. Usually parts house makes you prove you changed condenser to ensure no debris in system. Did you do that?

Members online

No members online now.