about me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kansas Terrain

Reaction score
Hey there, I"m Terry and new to forum as I just purchase a 2011 Terrain, SLE2 about 2 weeks ago. White with premium light titanium cloth interior. FWD. It traded a 2008 Saturn Astra Coupe, which was a great little car. I am a native to CA, but moved to n/w Kansas last year which was one of my reasons for getting a more substantial car. Small cars are great in LA, due to parking, buzzing around in and out of traffic, here I'm commuting on the interstate with no traffic and bad weather. I enjoy these forums to hear and see about others cars as well as learn more about issues and concerns.

It's nice to be a part of this forum.
thanks,
Terry

Colt Hero

Reaction score
Phil here. Just purchased a 2011 1LT V6 Equinox beginning of the month. 600+ miles on it so far. Hoping for the same reliability as my '02 Impala. Had the intake gasket go on that one (fixed it myself), but other than that, it's been solid so far for 145k miles.

Transmission on this 'Nox seems a little soft to me. Also not too crazy about the liftgate touchpad and cruise control controls. Seats are good. First tank of gas (mostly in-town driving) got 21.5 mpg - which beats the EPA sticker by 4 mpg. If I beat the highway estimate by the same amount, that'll be 28 mpg and over 500 miles comfortably to the tank, which is acceptable to me.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Hey there, I"m Terry and new to forum as I just purchase a 2011 Terrain, SLE2 about 2 weeks ago. White with premium light titanium cloth interior. FWD. It traded a 2008 Saturn Astra Coupe, which was a great little car. I am a native to CA, but moved to n/w Kansas last year which was one of my reasons for getting a more substantial car. Small cars are great in LA, due to parking, buzzing around in and out of traffic, here I'm commuting on the interstate with no traffic and bad weather. I enjoy these forums to hear and see about others cars as well as learn more about issues and concerns.

It's nice to be a part of this forum.
thanks,
Terry

Welcome to the boards.
Need to post up some pics when you get time.
Last time I was in Kansas the wind was blowing 40 mph and gusting to 60.
Not fun.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Phil here. Just purchased a 2011 1LT V6 Equinox beginning of the month. 600+ miles on it so far. Hoping for the same reliability as my '02 Impala. Had the intake gasket go on that one (fixed it myself), but other than that, it's been solid so far for 145k miles.

Transmission on this 'Nox seems a little soft to me. Also not too crazy about the liftgate touchpad and cruise control controls. Seats are good. First tank of gas (mostly in-town driving) got 21.5 mpg - which beats the EPA sticker by 4 mpg. If I beat the highway estimate by the same amount, that'll be 28 mpg and over 500 miles comfortably to the tank, which is acceptable to me.
Now we have 2 Phil's :peace:
The trans is really soft shifting, at times you can not feel it at all.
Good thing about being computer controlled is you can get a tune to improve it.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Hey guys welcome to the site! Glad to have you posting here...

I ran remember not liking the Cruise controls at first but I like them now a lot!

Can't wait to see some pictures of your rides!

rbiggers

Reaction score
Welcome to both of you guys!!!

As they say, pics or it doesn't exist! Looking forward to seeing your rides.

Members online