Abandoned Six Flags New Orleans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
The music matched the video perfectly... I know that six flags did not get the insurance money that they needed and with Chapter 11 filed in 2008 I believe and getting out of Chpter 11 this past may... Well I think its fate is sealed.

http://www.blip.tv/file/4344905

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
That's sad to see.
Six flags over Texas is just down the road from me and I spent a lot of time there when I was a youngster.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
That's sad to see.
Six flags over Texas is just down the road from me and I spent a lot of time there when I was a youngster.

Yeah its sad but in my opinion New Orleans should have done more to possibly help the rebuild. I mean they could have maintained the landscape at least.

I know that New Orleans is most likely strapped financially but what else is there to attract people back there.?

Had some friends of mine go there months ago and there are still places that are really bad!

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
My sister and her husband lived close to New Orleans for a few years and just moved to there place out in the hill country a few months ago and they said that a lot of places out and around New Orleans look bad.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Not that I would ever plan to go there but I feel as if our nations so called "change" should have started with places like New Orleans (not being political)... I believe a long with the example that a hand can't perform as well with fingers missing....

I feel bad especially for the families that to this day do not have permanent residency..

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
It has to be hard to deal with, the bad thing is if they get a bad hurricane again they might never full recover.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Mainly because they did not get enough insurance money to rebuild the place. Six flags has removed some rides and since the land is a lease from New Orleans they put a restraining order against six flags.

My guess the demo and scrap money will be a New Orleans endeavor...

Members online

No members online now.