A/C now only blows from Defroster and Floor. Cannot get it to come out from center of dash anymore.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbillsd

Reaction score
2014 4 cyl LTZ Worked normal till a few weeks ago. I have tried all the dash controls and nothing will make the cool air blow from the normal A/C vents in the dash. Is there a simple fix, Service Bullitin or recall. I have yet to find anything about this. Thanks, Bill

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they still use vacuum lines to open and close vents but if they do it could be a vacuum line has fallen off. I don't know that seems like old technology for a modern car but it worked pretty good for 50 years. I had a weak spring on a vacuum fitting that wouldn't let the A/C move from hot to cold. The control would move but the vacuum fitting would not respond.

napajack

Reaction score
More thsan likely a blend door does not close all the way or there might be nuts or crap i it. Mine had pieces of acorns and leaves. Cleaned it and it works now.

jo43410

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they still use vacuum lines to open and close vents but if they do it could be a vacuum line has fallen off. I don't know that seems like old technology for a modern car but it worked pretty good for 50 years. I had a weak spring on a vacuum fitting that wouldn't let the A/C move from hot to cold. The control would move but the vacuum fitting would not respond.
I just went through this on mine. Replace the actuator on passenger side under glove box. It will fix it. You can even get instruction on youtube to do it.

jo43410

Reaction score
2014 4 cyl LTZ Worked normal till a few weeks ago. I have tried all the dash controls and nothing will make the cool air blow from the normal A/C vents in the dash. Is there a simple fix, Service Bullitin or recall. I have yet to find anything about this. Thanks, Bill
Actuator under glove box. Controls vents & airflow. Its 2 bolts & plug. Youtube has videos with instruction. Cheap fix done yourself. Expensive by a pro

jo43410

Reaction score
Actuator under glove box. 2 screws & plug. Cheap easy fix. Youtube has instruction video

Reaction score
Actuator Motors an PLASTIC gears are wrecking havoc on Auto HVAC's. Parts ain't costly BUT stand'n on yer head for an hour to install is pretty dam loathsome.
Give a round of applause for the Design Engineers....ha..!

rayzat

Reaction score
I replaced that stupid actuator every 3ish years. My buddy is a certified GM mechanic. He pulled the actual "Chevy" procedure to replace it, remove front seats, remove steering column, drop the dash, it's 2 full days of labor. I asked him what he would do, and he said, go through the glove box.

Members online

No members online now.