3-month report on my 2022, and questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kskruser

Reaction score
For anyone interested, my 2022 Equinox LT is exactly 3 months old, with about 3,500 miles on the clock (about average, I guess) - mostly freeway driving, some city. Reported average MPG is 29.7. I have checked the oil from time to time - down maybe 1 mm on the dipstick (i.e. very little oil use). I have had no problems whatsoever, and the car has never been in the shop.

I'm curious about a few of the symbols on the infotainment display (8"): I'll try to attach a picture - think lower-right, below the dividing line, from left to right:
1. The number "3" in the circle: What the heck is this? I can't find any mention of it in the owner manusl.
2. The Bluetooth symbol and signal-strength bars: I'm parked in my garage, near my home router, so this one makes sense.
3. The green thing that looks like a battery symbol: What the heck is this? Does the info center have a battery in it?
4. The teardrop symbol. This looks like a map indicator, but what is it indicating?
5. The temperature and time: OK, I get these.

In other words, what the heck is represented by numbers 1, 3, and 4? Anybody know?

Thanks.

-Richard
Eqnx_Screen_Twisted.jpg

ricklack

Reaction score
For anyone interested, my 2022 Equinox LT is exactly 3 months old, with about 3,500 miles on the clock (about average, I guess) - mostly freeway driving, some city. Reported average MPG is 29.7. I have checked the oil from time to time - down maybe 1 mm on the dipstick (i.e. very little oil use). I have had no problems whatsoever, and the car has never been in the shop.

I'm curious about a few of the symbols on the infotainment display (8"): I'll try to attach a picture - think lower-right, below the dividing line, from left to right:
1. The number "3" in the circle: What the heck is this? I can't find any mention of it in the owner manusl.
2. The Bluetooth symbol and signal-strength bars: I'm parked in my garage, near my home router, so this one makes sense.
3. The green thing that looks like a battery symbol: What the heck is this? Does the info center have a battery in it?
4. The teardrop symbol. This looks like a map indicator, but what is it indicating?
5. The temperature and time: OK, I get these.

In other words, what the heck is represented by numbers 1, 3, and 4? Anybody know?

Thanks.

-Richard
View attachment 1693
1) I "think" that indicates how any apps or processes are running on the infotainment system. If you press on the icon with your finger it brings up a screen that lists a bunch of stuff which appears to be processes running.

3) that is your cellphone battery status

4) that shows your current location - if you click on it with your finger, half the screen on the right side shows your current location. you can press the home button to go back to home screen or other functions to go to music, etc.

I am no expert on this and could be slightly off on 1 and 4, but 3 I am sure of. At the end of my work day my phone battery is in the red and I can watch the level turn green as it charges. I have a fast charger plugged into my 120V outlet.

The manual is very poor at explaining the Infotainment system. My 2013 had a separate user guide for it's Infotainment system, but the 2022 does not. I can only find Owners and Warranty manuals online (same as in my glove box). There are self help videos and FAQs on the Chevy website, but nothing to explain icons etc.

Guess we just need to play around and share among ourselves lol

ricklack

Reaction score
Update to #4 - I tried clicking that icon on a trip this weekend and it did nothing - back to the drawing board lol

Members online