22 equinox rs dashcam hardwire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGutta

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to hardwire a dashcam using either the driver side footwell fuse box or the rear access fuse box? I can’t seem to get it to work and have tried everything but the cam just won’t power on. I’ve hardwired them in my last 3 cars without issue so this is a real head scratcher. I just use the add-a-fuse connectors for acc & batt and find a good ground usually but for some reason I can’t get it to work and I don’t want to use the obd 2 connector as I’ve had bad luck with those in the past. If anyone here has hardwired successfully if you could tell me which fuse locations you used that’d be great. Thanks in advance.

Miguel

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to hardwire a dashcam using either the driver side footwell fuse box or the rear access fuse box? I can’t seem to get it to work and have tried everything but the cam just won’t power on. I’ve hardwired them in my last 3 cars without issue so this is a real head scratcher. I just use the add-a-fuse connectors for acc & batt and find a good ground usually but for some reason I can’t get it to work and I don’t want to use the obd 2 connector as I’ve had bad luck with those in the past. If anyone here has hardwired successfully if you could tell me which fuse locations you used that’d be great. Thanks in advance.
Did you get any success on this?
I used the obd power connector. No issues except for the start/ stop system that doesn't work after.

Miguel

Reaction score
Hello:
I did my hardwiring to the footwell fusebox using the only ACC fuse so the parking surveillance also works. All good!

20230923_091818.jpg

Members online

No members online now.