2022 rear wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billy_j844

Reaction score
I've driven Chevys for years; got my first Equinox (2022) recently. I can't figure out how to remove the rear wiper; all the online videos seem to be for earlier models. And the instructions in the owners manual don't help me much. Anybody know?

shelbymann

Reaction score
is the rear wiper different on a 2022? I thought we were in the same model as a 2019? pics of a 2022 on a lot appear to be the same wiper on my 2019. Try popping off that cover like it is shown but being installed. It is the only way to get to the blade assy. The part number for yours is the SAME as mine 84215609. Looks like the same setup/cover. https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-pa...n0DGdRFb0SKJ55NdUkAB1PYAVWmt1m1YaAk_NEALw_wcB

Last edited:

billy_j844

Reaction score
is the rear wiper different on a 2022? I thought we were in the same model as a 2019? pics of a 2022 on a lot appear to be the same wiper on my 2019. Try popping off that cover like it is shown but being installed. It is the only way to get to the blade assy. The part number for yours is the SAME as mine 84215609. Looks like the same setup/cover. https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-pa...n0DGdRFb0SKJ55NdUkAB1PYAVWmt1m1YaAk_NEALw_wcB
Well, the blade may be the same, but the cover doesn't look at all like the one on the video. Rear wiper.jpg

billy_j844

Reaction score
From what I've been able to gather, in this case, the "cover" is actually the wiper arm. The blade connects to it. In the photo above, the right-most two segments are part of the blade, and the segment to the left of those is the wiper arm.

But I still can't figure out how to remove the blade from the arm.

shelbymann

Reaction score
Try popping it off by the end like the earlier versions. Since the wiper blade assy are the same from 2019-2022 the part in your pic would just be a cover it would appear. I'd ask at the service dept at the dealership.

billy_j844

Reaction score
I still can't get it to come loose. I'm attaching the illustrations and text from the owner's manual that claim to tell how to do this. Step 2 doesn't seem to get anything loose. Images from Owners manual.jpg:mad:

Last edited:

billy_j844

Reaction score
shelbymann:

According to my owner's manual, the rear wiper blade part number is not 84215609; it's 85118765.

ricklack

Reaction score
shelbymann:

According to my owner's manual, the rear wiper blade part number is not 84215609; it's 85118765.
Agree, 85118765 is the part in my manual as well.

What I'm getting from the instructions is that the rear wiper just clicks onto the wiper arm - thus they are saying to hold the arm and push down on the blade assembly. It "should" unclick and come off. I really don't want to break mine trying this procedure or I would try it for you. LOL

I have the enhanced maintenance so will be letting the dealer replace this for me.

billy_j844

Reaction score
Yeah, I've pushed "down" (whatever direction that might mean), and had the same results. Doesn't seem to want to release. I'm also not ready to bend or break anything. Thanks for trying.

shelbymann

Reaction score
I dropped the ball. It is simple here are the instructions for a 2022 off my internal manuals at GM.
Similar to above. Appears to snap into place? If you have a new one to put on it should help you see what it entails. Good luck
wiper blade replacement.JPG

shelbymann

Reaction score
You are correct and my searches for wiper blades yielded all years the same which are incorrect. Here are some maintenance items. 2022 maint.JPG

Voyager

Reaction score
Of course the wipers are different so that I can’t use the extra blades I had for my last Equinox on my new 2022. I wasn’t able to remove my rear wiper either, but probably just didn’t push hard enough. I didn’t want to break a brand new car.

shelbymann

Reaction score

Why not stop by the dealer's service dept and ask them to show you? If its a decent dealer they should have no problem showing you how to do it. I hardly doubt you will break the metal arm trying to get it off. The assy directions are pretty straight forward. My Equinox (2019) I just replaced the original rear blade and the car was built July 2018 and sold to me July 28th 2019(Redlines don't sell fast). I'm curious why on a new 2022 Equinox your rear blade needs changing? I have always found OEMs to last much longer than any aftermarket blade.

billy_j844

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I see posts from two other members on this thread; one joined in 2012, one in 2014. But they're both captioned to be "new members." How long do you have to be here before you're no longer new? :)

ricklack

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I see posts from two other members on this thread; one joined in 2012, one in 2014. But they're both captioned to be "new members." How long do you have to be here before you're no longer new? :)
I think it is based on the number of posts you make. Not sure what the threshold is to jump up from newbie.

billy_j844

Reaction score
Anybody figure out how to change the rear wiper? I'll be going to the dealer for my first service; I'll ask them then.

billy_j844

Reaction score
Anybody figure out how to change the rear wiper? I'll be going to the dealer for my first service; I'll ask them then.
OK, I asked the service writer how to replace it. She told me that "it's a pain in the ass." She also said that they only charge $5.00 to put it on, and that's way cheaper than if I bend the arm trying to change it myself and have to replace it. :):)

Members online