2022 Chevy Equinox Bluetooth Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tigree

Reaction score
Hello!

We just recently purchased a brand new 2022 Chevy Equinox in June of this year. Since then, there has only been one issue I seem to be having regarding Bluetooth.

I was able to connect and use my Android phone through the system, easy peasy. Now, the tricky part is I was able to connect my Ipod (Yes....I know....old School) as a secondary Bluetooth device. I paired the Ipod to the system and it connects and is recognized, showing on both sides that the devices have connected and recognize each other. As for playing the audio from the Ipod, it just won't consistently play, meaning, I can get it to work once in a great while and then it won't play the audio most other times through the system.

The frustrating thing is that I have unpaired, forgotten device, repaired and it will VERY occasionally work to where the audio will play through the system. As soon as I turn off the car and turn it back on, the Ipod is connected as a device, but the audio WILL NOT PLAY. I also have checked to see if any systems need to be updated and everything is up-to-date. I made sure that under my Android settings for my phone, that the 2nd Bluetooth connection is allowed. Also, tried connecting Ipod by USB and that did not work either.

Summary:
-Was able to connect Android phone, audio/calls work great
-Was able to connect Ipod, audio SOMETIMES works
-Have tried disconnecting, reconnecting both devices, this OCCASIONALLY allows the audio to play
-Have restarted all devices, did not help
-Have checked all systems for updates, all up to date
-Tried playing through USB, did not work

I have looked and looked and looked for an answer and have not found a similar issue. Does anyone know what I should be doing differently or is this something out of my control? What am I missing?

Thanks!

CoolDad

Reaction score
Have you checked the first to connect and allow secondary device in the settings?

Tigree

Reaction score
I have. I have it enabled to allow secondary device.

The only that seems to work is connecting the Ipod directly with an AUX cord. The only consistent solution.

sinbad

Reaction score
On my 2022 LT w/convenience package the minute I step into Equinox the podcast I am listening to on my iPhone immediately starts playing on the radio with a wireless connection.

CoolDad

Reaction score
On my 2022 LT w/convenience package the minute I step into Equinox the podcast I am listening to on my iPhone immediately starts playing on the radio with a wireless connection.
Yes the basic music and phone stuff works via blue tooth. But the mapping and apps don't unless you connect via wires. Later models do everything via a Bluetooth connection. This should just be a firmware update but in topical GM fashion, once you buy it they are done.

Members online