2021 Equinox Premier infotainment blackout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickeydo

Reaction score
Got up this morning to go work out and the car would not start. Battery completely dead. Checked with meter. Called the dealer and they told me to call Roadside Service for a jump and then bring it in. Waited 1 hour and they finally came ( not bad ) He measured the voltage and said the battery is dead. Then he jumped me, and it started right up. I had no problems when I pulled into the garage the night before. I went to the dealer asap .All the way there the infotainment screen was blacked out. It did however say that the system has to be calibrated. Waited for 3 hours just so they could come and tell me there was nothing wrong. The cables were loose. They ask if I had done something to the battery. Ha Ha This was a new vehicle with no problems ever. They said oh well, we cleaned and tightened the clamps and your good to go. As I drove off I noticed the screen had not changed. I did a U turn and back to the dealer I went. Several people looked at this and said they have never seen this before. Then said I could leave it for the weekend and a Tech. will look at it Monday. I drove home and tried everything I could think of. Still ,, the screen says the same . I guess I will find out Monday what calibrated means. Some say its a faulty system.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I bet with the jump or power outage, it could have done some damage to the radio some how.

Any updates to what happened?

Got up this morning to go work out and the car would not start. Battery completely dead. Checked with meter. Called the dealer and they told me to call Roadside Service for a jump and then bring it in. Waited 1 hour and they finally came ( not bad ) He measured the voltage and said the battery is dead. Then he jumped me, and it started right up. I had no problems when I pulled into the garage the night before. I went to the dealer asap .All the way there the infotainment screen was blacked out. It did however say that the system has to be calibrated. Waited for 3 hours just so they could come and tell me there was nothing wrong. The cables were loose. They ask if I had done something to the battery. Ha Ha This was a new vehicle with no problems ever. They said oh well, we cleaned and tightened the clamps and your good to go. As I drove off I noticed the screen had not changed. I did a U turn and back to the dealer I went. Several people looked at this and said they have never seen this before. Then said I could leave it for the weekend and a Tech. will look at it Monday. I drove home and tried everything I could think of. Still ,, the screen says the same . I guess I will find out Monday what calibrated means. Some say its a faulty system.

rickeydo

Reaction score
Took the car back to the dealers. I noticed the engine would not shut down when I stopped. I told the dealer about this. They had it for 5 hours. Finally they called and said it was ready. When I picked it up I ask, What happened. Answer. They don't know. They did re calibrate it however. Drove home and the auto stop never did work.

Members online

No members online now.