2021 Equinox Doors locking when I get out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1der

Reaction score
When I get out of my 2021 Equinox Premier the doors lock with the keys still in the vehicle. Is there an adjustment to keep this from happening? I have been locked out twice and my wife had to bring me the keys. She was not very happy.

zukabaker

Reaction score
When I get out of my 2021 Equinox Premier the doors lock with the keys still in the vehicle. Is there an adjustment to keep this from happening? I have been locked out twice and my wife had to bring me the keys. She was not very happy.
There should be a settings menu on the home screen and than go to vehicle and there is a setting that allows you to be notified when the remote is left in the vehicle. There are also settings to control how the doors lock and how long a delay. I would also recommend reading the owners manual as this would be the best source of how to set the controls on the vehicle. I know on my 2019 there is a 5 second delay upon exiting the vehicle before it will lock.

Hope that helps!
Link below to get a digital version of the owners manual.

Power Door Locks
Touch and the following may display:
. Open Door Anti Lockout
. Auto Door Unlock
. Delayed Door Lock
Open Door Anti Lock Out
When on, this feature will keep the driver
door from locking when the door is open.
If Off is selected, the Delayed Door Lock
menu will be available.
Touch Off or On.
Auto Door Unlock
This allows selection of which of the doors
will automatically unlock when the vehicle is
shifted into P (Park).
Touch Off, All Doors, or Driver Door.
Delayed Door Lock
When on, this feature will delay the locking
of the doors. To override the delay, press
the power door lock switch on the door.
Touch Off or On.
Remote Lock, Unlock, and Start
Touch and the following may display:
. Remote Unlock Light Feedback
. Remote Lock Feedback
. Remote Door Unlock
. Remote Start Auto Cool Seats
. Remote Start Auto Heat Seats
. Remote Window Operation
. Passive Door Unlock
. Passive Door Lock
. Remote Left in Vehicle Alert
Remote Unlock Light Feedback
When on, the exterior lamps will flash when
unlocking the vehicle with the RKE
transmitter.
Touch Off or Flash Lights.
Remote Lock Feedback
This allows selection of what type of
feedback is given when locking the vehicle
with the RKE transmitter.
Touch Off, Lights and Horn, Lights Only,
or Horn Only.

TopHat

Reaction score
Mine (my daughter's) is preset, and I can't lock the doors once the person with the key has left the vehicle and walked away. In other words, if the drive left the car at the airport, and didn't lock it. I couldn't drive to the airport and lock it unless I had the key. And that is annoying, too. But I haven't bothered yet to see if the settings will change that. Probably better to avoid lock out than the convenience of locking without the key. She doesn't care so I'll leave as is.

Members online

No members online now.