2019 Equinox shifter electrical short walk home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dansequinox54

Reaction score
My 2019 Equinox 60k miles had a short in the shifter bricked the car could not get out of park so is a walk home. Looking at $1000 repair, dealer put new shifter in still no luck. Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks.

spaycace

Reaction score
Sounds like dealer didn't know what was wrong either, and just threw a part at it, hoping to correct the problem. I'd contact Chevy customer care ... even if you don't have an extended warranty, powertrain warranty was good to 5 years/60,000 miles. Sometimes, if you're really close to the warranty expiration, they'll work with you. The worst they can say is no, but if you never ask, the answer you'll always get is no, so what do you have to lose? Good luck

dansequinox54

Reaction score
You were right, just throwing parts at it. Contacted Chevy filed a case. They called in a field service engineer. 6 weeks and counting. Never buy another one.

dansequinox54

Reaction score
Sounds like dealer didn't know what was wrong either, and just threw a part at it, hoping to correct the problem. I'd contact Chevy customer care ... even if you don't have an extended warranty, powertrain warranty was good to 5 years/60,000 miles. Sometimes, if you're really close to the warranty expiration, they'll work with you. The worst they can say is no, but if you never ask, the answer you'll always get is no, so what do you have to lose? Good luck
Got my car back, $1700 out of pocket, 6 weeks later,had to pay for parts that probably had nothing to do with the issue. GM doesn’t care about QRD just DEI.

Members online