2018 theft deterrent system randomly going off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red

Reaction score
For the past month my alarm keeps randomly going off and when I get in it will say theft attempted. My remote start has been disabled mostly and I say mostly because if does actually start it will immediately shut right down and set the alarm off. I keep hearing about the hood sensor but I do not see and hood open messages or and other door or hatch open message. I purchased a new hood latch assembly to see if that does the trick but I can't find instructions on how to change it. It looks self explanatory except I don't know if I will have a problem getting the cable back on if it retracts too much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

brianp1384

Reaction score
Did you every get this figured out? My "theft deterrent system" is active and I cannot start my car. Everything Ive read talks about inserting the key into the ignition. There is no ignition. It's a push button. Any advice? Battery is good in the fob, everything else works...

Red

Reaction score
Did you every get this figured out? My "theft deterrent system" is active and I cannot start my car. Everything Ive read talks about inserting the key into the ignition. There is no ignition. It's a push button. Any advice? Battery is good in the fob, everything else works...
I swapped out the hood latch and the problem went away. It cost me $25 on Amazon and took 10 minutes to replace.

Members online

No members online now.