2018 Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tatumd78

Reaction score
Reset radio, backup camera problem

After trouble shooting one day I found the issue with my bright lcd screen. It is in correlation to the backup camera.
At night, reset radio by holding home and fast forward. Radio will go off. Release buttons.
Radio will reset with the nighttime lighting. It will stay dim until the car is put into reverse and the backup camera is activated. Once the backup camera goes off, the lcd screen will stay bright and not revert back to the nighttime light until the radio is reset or the car is turned off long enough for the radio to shut down.
Contacted my Chevy dealer. They replaced the headlight switch and it didn’t correct the problem. They are researching other possibilities.

c&wsinbad

Reaction score
Sounds like the engineers need a basic course in software interoperability and integration. (Sorry, that was my organizations functional responsibility in the US Army--certification of software interoperability.) Or maybe just a brief outline of intended functional capabilities of the equipment--ie, there should be a dimmer function for the 7 inch screen.

bachastain

Reaction score
Screen brightness

2018 Equinox Premier. I have the Nav 8" screen and starting from the radio screen, it does brighten a bit when I put it in reverse. It then stops responding to the dash dimmer and stays bright for as long as I keep it in reverse. Switching to Drive restores the radio screen and it returns to obeying the dash dimmer dial. I can then dim it to almost black. So for my setup, it doesn't permanently stick in bright after reverse.

Tatumd78

Reaction score
LCD nighttime lighting MALFUNCTION

I've had my car to two dealers and both have acknowledged the bright LCD malfunction.
They both tested other 2018 Equinoxes with the 7in screen and found the malfunction in them also.

Radio will dim as long as the backup camera has not been used during the current drive. Initiating the backup camera changes the lighting to the screen and the radio gets stuck in the brighter lighting at night.

Resetting the radio will immediately correct the problem and the radio will dim when the nighttime lighting is on. The radio resets when you hold down HOME and FAST FORWARD, or a few minutes after the car is off AND the driver door has been opened.

Owners must take their vehicles to a dealer, reproduce the problem to prove the malfunction, and have the dealer run a tech call with Chevrolet.

Getting the service person to acknowledge the problem is tough but once it is reproduced over and over they will finally see. Chevrolet says they will not fix the problem until more owners come forward.

I have also reported the malfunction to the Division of Highway Safety.

Ray

Reaction score
The dimmer knob to the left of the steering wheel on the lower dash has very little effect on the overall radio display, from what I've perceived by playing around with everything.

From memory, you'll need to select "Settings" on the touch screen Home Page, then select the sub-menu for either "Display" or "Vehicle". That contains a setting which will alter the display lighting. When you find the "Display" menu, select "Auto" so that the MyLink system will automatically adjust the lighting to what is best given the conditions it perceives.

Please keep us posted on whether you're able to solve this issue or need further assistance.
Hi. Ray here. Icouldnotfind auto on display window.

Members online

No members online now.