2018 Iphone 8 wireless charging Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patsfan1

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Premier Equinox which has a wireless charging pad. I have an iPhone 8 and it will not charge my phone. On the internet at various sites the word is that the unit installed by GM in these cars is not compatible with iPhone 8, 8 Plus, 10 and 10 Plus. The consensus on a fix is to change out a Gen I charging unit, replacing it with a Gen II unit. Apparently Apple did not certify the GM Gen I units to charge their newer phones, thus they don't work with my iPhone 8. Anyway I bought a Gen II charging device and want to know if anyone has experienced the same problem and figured out how to change the Gen I out for a Gen II charging device. U Tube video's show how to do it with console mounted charging units on top door of storage unit, easy to get to, but not how to do the Equinox in the lower front end of the console. Any help much appreciated.

Members online