2018 Equinox tires worn out at less than 17,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reustis3

Reaction score
I bought my Eq Premier in April 2017. Love it. I had Toyotas before this. No comparison.

I had Michelin 225/60/18 tires on the car. Didn't even get to 17K miles and had less than 2/32 left on tires. I live below Buffalo,NY and snow is coming so I had to replace tires.

My dealer offered me the same tires at 40% off, total would have been $650. I said no thanks, didn't want to go thru that again.

I bought 225/60-18 FALKEN ZIEX ZE950 A/S 100V BSW Tires. These have a great tread and are very quiet and comfortable.

Has anyone else had any similar problems with original tires???

Thanks

gpart

Reaction score
No. I just turned 10k miles last week and purchased mine in April, as well. Tires still have plenty of tread. They came with Hankook Ventus 2 all-season radials. I thought all 2018's came with the Hankooks.

kastner03

Reaction score
No. I just turned 10k miles last week and purchased mine in April, as well. Tires still have plenty of tread. They came with Hankook Ventus 2 all-season radials. I thought all 2018's came with the Hankooks.

vehicles with 18” wheels should have michelin’s the vehicles with 17’s or 19’s seem to have hankooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kabarros

Reaction score
Yep, purchased my 2018 Equinox Premiere Jan 2018. I now have 21k miles and the right rear is a slick (not a trace of any tread at all) and the rest of the tires are into the wear bars. Just had it at the dealership 2 weeks ago but the never mentioned anything wrong with the tires��

Aheckm

Reaction score
I just replaced my Michelin tires as noted in the original post. My dealership Service Dept said I was the third 2018 Equinox they had within the last couple of months with this issue. I had 22,000 miles and ended up going with another brand based on their recommendation. I have seen on other sites the 2019 went with a different tire. This issue, coupled with a few others, is seriously making me want to trade in and get out of the Equinox all together. Another disappointment.

tellio2

Reaction score
For the record. My car spins a lot with only front wheel drive, 2.0 turbo and 9 speed transmission. It took a while to realize that is what is happening. I bought my first set of tires 12 months after the car left the lot. Continentals are now gripping better and I take it as easy as I can. Also rotate every 5K. I have the same Michelin tires on my wife car and they are doing ok but I'll always buy these Continentals they are much longer lasting. I find the 2.0 turbo with 9 speed very easy to allow the rubber to spin. Even at speeds above 70 it has too much loss of traction. It really needs to be an all wheel drive only.

Members online

No members online now.