2018 Equinox Speaker Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reddot44

Reaction score
I'm currently thinking of upgrading the speakers in my 2018 Equinox because a couple are starting to get a bit of static and I figure might as well do a clean sweep and upgrade everything for better audio. My only problem is I haven't really done this type of work before and was curious what I should be looking for and how do I know where every speaker in my car is and what size speaker to get? I'd like to get speakers that are just plug and play and I don't plan on adding a sub at this time so I would like to avoid having to get a new radio or adding amps if necessary.

Donotattempt

Reaction score
As stated above, crutchfield is your friend. As for simply swapping out speakers to get rid of the crackling, if is the same or similar to my wife's 2019 equinox, nothing short of doing a home run wire through the door etc worked.

Than again, I went ahead and placed amplifiers and dsp for complete control in the car. It does sound great for what it is. However, that crackling sound was a nightmare to find.

If you need help/further assistance, just shoot me a question.

P.S. - I understand this is my first post :).

Members online