2018 Equinox Premier Electrical Glitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ Mahoney

Reaction score
My 2018 Equinox Premier has about 55,000 miles. It has always had weird electronic glitches that were annoying, but didn't threaten the operation. It has recently come up with a new thing that is more serious. Occasionally, when the engine restarts after an auto stop / restart cycle, the door locks will quickly unlock and relock. Today is has a new issue when this happens. the engine does not respond to the throttle right away. Has anybody else had this issue? I'm hoping that this isn't' some completely unknown problem. Please comment if you can. Thanks, Monte

ROBO

Reaction score
My 2018 Equinox Premier has about 55,000 miles. It has always had weird electronic glitches that were annoying, but didn't threaten the operation. It has recently come up with a new thing that is more serious. Occasionally, when the engine restarts after an auto stop / restart cycle, the door locks will quickly unlock and relock. Today is has a new issue when this happens. the engine does not respond to the throttle right away. Has anybody else had this issue? I'm hoping that this isn't' some completely unknown problem. Please comment if you can. Thanks, Monte
I have a 2018 Premier also, haven't experienced any issues yet at 44,000 mi. I added an aftermarket device that eliminates the start/stop feature when I first purchased the car. My opinion is the start/stop adds a lot of wear and tear on the engine and wreaks havoc on the turbo by not allowing it to idle down before engine shuts down, especially after highway driving.

kanietfeld

Reaction score
My wife had similar problems for over a year, we had the battery checked they said it was ok. 6 months later had battery checked again they said it was bad so we replaced it and all electronic problems went away that was over 6 months ago it still runs great with no warnings.

dfla

Reaction score
Same. Replaced battery and glitches went away.

Members online

No members online now.