2018 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD trouble shifting gears, error codes and loose seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charvel1975

Reaction score
My 2018 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD has trouble shifting gears when going uphill and the car sounds like it's struggling. Lately I've had a similar issue going downhill where the RPM meter shoots up and (I'm guessing) won't shift gear. Makes a horrible sound and feels like I'm breaking the car!! Any advice? Could it be a transmission fluid issue? Also, my driver's seat moves about, side to side, over bumps, etc. Any input on how to proceed to get this fixed? I have also had the following service lights pop up on my center display screen from time to time recently: service side detection system and service park assist system.

markgws6

Reaction score
going up and down hills when already driving will cause the engine to upshift and downshift automatically. Not sure about why it would sound like it's struggling though. Maybe clogged engine air filter or other tune-up item you can try? Driver's seat might be loose, you can have a mechanic check it and tighten it down if needed/put some thread lock on the bolts holding the seat down. For the service lights, it's typically your battery dying (I've had this happen). replace the battery and see if they go away. Good luck!!

Members online