2017 Chevrolet Equinox Subwoofer? What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjc747

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just acquired my mom's 2017 Chevy Equinox and there is a grill on the right-hand side of the cargo area that looks like it's for a speaker. I dug for all the information I can, and I see that the Pioneer system has a subwoofer, but this is not a Pioneer system. There's no sound coming from it, so I'm guessing it's just a hole where a speaker can be added. I haven't taken it apart yet, and shining a flashlight in there does not indicate that there is a speaker there. Does anyone have any information about this?

Thanks!

ricklack

Reaction score
Yes, that is where the subwoofer is on my 2013 (same gen as 2017) with Pioneer system. If you search in the forum there should be lots of info regarding what others have done to upgrade their sound. I remember reading tons a few years back.

mjc747

Reaction score
Yes, that is where the subwoofer is on my 2013 (same gen as 2017) with Pioneer system. If you search in the forum there should be lots of info regarding what others have done to upgrade their sound. I remember reading tons a few years back.
Thank you! It looked like there was a speaker in it already, so I finally found some decent information and I think what is in there now (keep in mind, no Pioneer system) is a noise-cancellation speaker. Appreciate the help.

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just acquired my mom's 2017 Chevy Equinox and there is a grill on the right-hand side of the cargo area that looks like it's for a speaker. I dug for all the information I can, and I see that the Pioneer system has a subwoofer, but this is not a Pioneer system. There's no sound coming from it, so I'm guessing it's just a hole where a speaker can be added. I haven't taken it apart yet, and shining a flashlight in there does not indicate that there is a speaker there. Does anyone have any information about this?

Thanks!

Autoworker 74

Reaction score
I checked on my 2014 LT which has the grill but there is no sound. For 7 years I assumed there was music coming from there. I tried to send a photo of my radio which I think was the top of the line in 2014 but just a single photo is too large of a file to attach.

ricklack

Reaction score
If you have 4 cylinder Noxes then what you have is a noise cancellation speaker, as mjc747 said. Again, if you search the forums guys have done upgrades and put subwoofers in there, some provided a lot of detailed info. Good luck

Members online