2015 Equinox Need new transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carhelp

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Equinox with only 55K miles on it and my transfer case blew up. My mechanic is trying to find a transfer case for the car but having issues finding one to put into the car any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

SteveG

Reaction score
Ugh. That underscores the need to change that fluid more often.

I'm thinking changing it every 50 to 75K miles with AutoTrak II is the right thing to do.

Same goes with transmission and diff fluids. These are not lifetime fluids. Where possible, use the fully synthetic fluid options and stay on-top of them!

Last edited:

superd

Reaction score
My 2013....I've gone thru 3 of them...thankfully 2 under warranty. Last time it blew out doing 70mph on the interstate...felt like the driveshaft was gonna pop thru the floor. So, for now, I just unbolted the driveshaft and removed it from the car....running fine in 2wd.....

superd

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Equinox with only 55K miles on it and my transfer case blew up. My mechanic is trying to find a transfer case for the car but having issues finding one to put into the car any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.
Well
My 2013....I've gone thru 3 of them...thankfully 2 under warranty. Last time it blew out doing 70mph on the interstate...felt like the driveshaft was gonna pop thru the floor. So, for now, I just unbolted the driveshaft and removed it from the car....running fine in 2wd.....
Well, it "was" running fine, until the timing chain guide broke.....so...ya...

Gambler28

Reaction score
I have a 2013 with a mad vibration at 90km/hr, and want to remove the driveshaft and run it in 2wd for a little while. I believe the rear diff is blown. Any suggestions or anything more that i need to do other than unbolt it and drive it?

superd

Reaction score
Nope, I just unbolted it and pulled the entire shaft out, and it operates just fine....well, it will again soon, just finished a rebuild on the engine...I was contemplating replacing the transfer case at the same time, but decided to wait and see if it runs good after the rebuild. I priced transfer cases, and their awfully damn proud of them, upwards of 1K for a rebuilt.

ricklack

Reaction score
Transfer case shortages still around? Last year I had the same issue with my 2013 - had to pay new price for a used part. Unbelievable that this is still going on.

Transfer case was the 2nd last straw for my 2013 - 2 months later the front differential went and I bought the 22 RS.

swisscheese

Reaction score
Transfer case shortages still around? Last year I had the same issue with my 2013 - had to pay new price for a used part. Unbelievable that this is still going on.

Transfer case was the 2nd last straw for my 2013 - 2 months later the front differential went and I bought the 22 RS.
Yes the shortages are still around. Unfortunately mine had a crack in it so I had to replace the whole trans transfer case unit. $3000 rebuilt installed.

Members online