2014 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lisau

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here, i searched through all of the threads to try and find my question but didn't see anything related to it so i thought i would start a new one. My Equinox has just turned over 15,000 miles. The past few weeks I have been noticing when i am sitting in drive at a light or stopped, vibration inside the car. I can feel it in my hands and my legs and my water bottle in my console also vibrates. I do not notice it when i am driving. My oil has been changed every 3000 miles or so. My brother works at the dealership i bought it at, he does all my maintanence, and when i asked him he said not to worry about it. i dont think it should do this, i have a 2000 cavalier with 230,000 miles on it and i cant even tell its running at a stop light in drive. I wouldnt think an almost brand new car would run that way normally. Like i said i never noticed it before until just recent. Anyone else have this issue? its getting kind of annoying.. Thanks.Lisa

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Does this happen when Eco mode is engaged or disengaged?

This may just be something that the dealer can do with a simple software update that your car may be lacking. If it doesn't have anything to do with ECO mode then I would have the Chevy Dealer check it out!

Lisau

Reaction score
Does this happen when Eco mode is engaged or disengaged?

This may just be something that the dealer can do with a simple software update that your car may be lacking. If it doesn't have anything to do with ECO mode then I would have the Chevy Dealer check it out!

Hi,
Funny you say that, i read somewhere on the internet when i was trying to search this about the ECO mode, since i kind of just recently turned it on, when i started noticing the vibration. So i turned it off yesterday and i think it kind of feels better but i believe it is still there. I didnt know what the ECO really did, if it had to do with the motor running, or if it was the tranny.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Hi,
Funny you say that, i read somewhere on the internet when i was trying to search this about the ECO mode, since i kind of just recently turned it on, when i started noticing the vibration. So i turned it off yesterday and i think it kind of feels better but i believe it is still there. I didnt know what the ECO really did, if it had to do with the motor running, or if it was the tranny.

From what I understand the ECO mode is to save economy during city driving. I always thought it was the other way around but I'm pretty sure if I had a 4cyl. I probably would pay no mind to the Eco mode as I would always forget to transition it ON/OFF when needed to.

Drive it with it off and report back if it improves. If not, I'd take it in, it should be something simple.

BTW, even though the Cavalier wasn't the best of quality, overall it was a really good car! We had one with 140k on the original clutch before we sold it. My only cost in maintenance for that car was brakes and 2 bushings in the front suspension that cost $40. I wouldn't have needed to replace them if I hadn't installed a lowering kit that I later uninstalled to improve car handling... Ha ha

Lisau

Reaction score
From what I understand the ECO mode is to save economy during city driving. I always thought it was the other way around but I'm pretty sure if I had a 4cyl. I probably would pay no mind to the Eco mode as I would always forget to transition it ON/OFF when needed to.

Drive it with it off and report back if it improves. If not, I'd take it in, it should be something simple.

BTW, even though the Cavalier wasn't the best of quality, overall it was a really good car! We had one with 140k on the original clutch before we sold it. My only cost in maintenance for that car was brakes and 2 bushings in the front suspension that cost $40. I wouldn't have needed to replace them if I hadn't installed a lowering kit that I later uninstalled to improve car handling... Ha ha

I bought the cavalier from California and it had 140,000 miles on it. i have had it for almost 6 years now and put almost 100,000 miles on it. never had to do much to it except oil changes and a water pump once and recent fuel pump. I have knocking in the front end when i turn the wheel in slow speed for some time now, but nothing has broke yet, i am curious what is doing it though, i have been told nothing wrong with it. Thanks for the info about the Equinox. Like i said my brother works at the dealer we got it at and he tells me dont worry about it. I think he just doesnt want to work on it. lol. I leave the eco off now.

Members online

No members online now.