2014 Equinox LS - want remote start!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkhendrickson

Reaction score
Hi There!

purchased a '14 less than 2 wks ago. dealer has confirmed no factory installed option for remote start. I've been told by 2 of the sales guys at the dealership (3rd purchase with them in 2 yrs) that it should be able to be done. the service guy says the dealer won't do it and i need to get a retrofit.

1. Should the dealer be able to install their own remote start system?
2. If yes, can they program the fobs I have or can they be replaced so that i have the separate remote start button?
3. Does anyone know of a place in/around Washington DC that will do this?

The places I've contacted haven't gotten back to me and it's really starting to make me :mad3::Frustrated:

ANY suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated. I find it difficult to believe that a dealer doesn't want my money!! Of course, I traded in a '12 Malibu with remote start and when I do this area gets snow... ugh

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I don't think that you can add factory remote start and if you could you would need different key fobs.

Best Buy can install remote start if you have one.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
This is in the 2014 owners manual, so maybe your dealer isn't aware that it can be done? It does say it MAY have the remote start ready feature.

Remote Start Ready
If the vehicle does not have the
remote vehicle start feature, it mayhave the remote start ready feature.
This feature allows your dealer to
add the manufacturer's remote
vehicle start feature. See your
dealer to add the manufacturer's
remote vehicle start feature to the
vehicle.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
This is in the 2014 owners manual, so maybe your dealer isn't aware that it can be done? It does say it MAY have the remote start ready feature.

Remote Start Ready
If the vehicle does not have the
remote vehicle start feature, it mayhave the remote start ready feature.
This feature allows your dealer to
add the manufacturer's remote
vehicle start feature. See your
dealer to add the manufacturer's
remote vehicle start feature to the
vehicle.

I believe that is manual is model specific. It should be for LT models only and not LS but I am not 100% on that.

Members online