2014 equinox 2.4 annoying problems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MistarDoyle

Reaction score
ive got a 2014 nox 2.4 with 65k miles and ive noticed that ever since i got the car with 31k miles it has always ran very rough, when im idling at a stop light it slowly starts running rougher and rougher and the rpm starts bouncing and then smooths right out, sometimes it will run perfectly and then it will like bump like a single solid misfire. ive fired the parts cannon in despair, a throttle body, intake and exhaust vvt solenoids, coils, plugs, and even a new valve cover because the pcv valve got stuck open and was causing an oil consumption problem (not sure why because ive changed the oil ever 3,000-3,500 miles since new, was originally my moms car). i have no idea what else could be causing this!!!

also my 2-1 downshift is extremely rough as well, had the trans flushed at 35k miles to try to fix but did nothing.

intermittent oil consumption as well? replaced pcv and fixed it but now sometimes ill check the stick and its a little over half after about 1,500 miles on my oil change so i top it off to full and after 2,000 more miles its still perfectly full?.

but also as long as i can remember, the trunk car outlet has never worked, ive checked all the fuses i can find maybe theres another thing to check? 🤷‍♂️

passenger front cv axle already went out now the drivers is grinding and clicking too! garbage!

MistarDoyle

Reaction score
update, oil consumption is no longer intermittent, only 2,500 miles on my oil changed and ive used about 2.9qts of oil. it amazes me how my 2001 ford crown victoria police interceptor with 370k miles runs perfectly smooth and shifts perfectly on its original eng. and trans and doesnt leak or burn a single drop of anything.

hopefully someone replies soon before something goes catastrophically wrong.

TopHat

Reaction score
Have you checked the air intake hose at the back of engine. On a 2019 model, the mechanic failed to hook it up and driver experienced those problems and could not exceed 55 mph. Still under warranty and on a trip, dropped in to a Chevy dealer, who found the problem and hooked it back up. My daughter in SIL were on a trip at the time. FWIW With regard to oil use, I'd look into Equinox engine problems for the 2014 engine you have via Google. If common, you should find something.

swisscheese

Reaction score
update, oil consumption is no longer intermittent, only 2,500 miles on my oil changed and ive used about 2.9qts of oil. it amazes me how my 2001 ford crown victoria police interceptor with 370k miles runs perfectly smooth and shifts perfectly on its original eng. and trans and doesnt leak or burn a single drop of anything.

hopefully someone replies soon before something goes catastrophically wrong.
If you’re using synthetic stop. Go to a higher grade synthetic blend or Dino oil. I switched to a high mileage. 10W-40 Syn blend because I have 130,000 on mine It cut my oil consumption to less than half of what it was with synthetic

Members online

No members online now.