2013 2.4 codes codes codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvairbob

Reaction score
i have the 2013 2.4 i did an overhaul and also did the chains. i did not do the vvt solenoids at that time. all was doing rather good but for an oil leak at the dipstick and rear of the engine at the trans. i thought it might have been a failed rear seal that i replaced. so i took the pan off and found the seal to look ok as i did not have oil on the flex plate so i think it is from the crank seam and the pan seam. i did jb weld the dipstick into place and that leak went away.

so then i had a p0420 code keep showing up and i did not change the old vvt solenoids so friday i put in new solenoids and a new b1s1 02 sensor. and wow the codes hit line the thing was on it's last leg. i got p0019 p218a p219d and the code for the HP fuel pump with too much pressure then not enough pressure and engine in reduced power mode and stability mode is on and off and the engine is about to blow up and whatever other codes you just want to add.

so today i put back in the old vvt solenoids and the old b1s1 02 sensors. also, i have the engine stumble all day long with it get's warmed up in eco mode. but i think the trans pump might be failing and goes into a neutral type mode when in eco mode and at idle, i think it is idling so slow the pump looses presure and the engine then idles faster and then catches up and the pump then engages and so on. if i put it in neutral or step on the gas a bit it does not do that. so for now i can just not use the eco mode, but i have to get a handle on all these fricken codes. so now i will drive it with the old parts back in and see if that was the reason for all those codes.

if anyone has a clue feel free to let me know what i may have to look at? my harbor centech scanner just can't find them. but the trims and b1s1 readings look good with the old sensor they looked to be a bit rich with the new sensor. and maybe the rock auto solenoids are not good enough for the engine and i will have to either just keep the old ones in or go to gm and pay the big bucks and get gm parts.

thanks

corvairbob

Reaction score
yes i did the battery was disconnected for weeks and i di dclear the codes. the only code it now gets anymore she said is the p0442 and i told her maybe i will look at it next summer as we do not do evap here

Members online

No members online now.