2012 Radio Replacement Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arokk

Reaction score
Hi all, new poster here.

I bought a 2012 LS fleet vehicle, and the original purchaser had the USB port/aux port deleted from the order, so I have neither. It has the CD player, but it's not the Pioneer option. I talked to the dealership and they tell me that I would have to buy a unit from a salvage yard or the like in order to get those ports in my vehicle.

If I am going to go through that trouble, I would rather buy a brand new aftermarket head unit with Android Auto, etc. (I'm a big Android fan), but I don't want to lose the other functionality or aesthetics.

With everything under the sun seemingly running through the head unit, and dash display, do I need to be prepared to lose functionality by replacing the factory one? Also, are there control panels, etc. that are designed for a double-din stereo in the 2012 that will let me retain the other non-radio controls while eliminating what's not needed after replacing the head unit?

I know that this has probably been asked a million and one times, but the search didn't turn up any pertinent information when I tried.

Thanks in advance.

pieter

Reaction score
Not aware of anyone successfully installing an aftermarket head unit. The best way is to replace the current head unit with an Intellilink one from a scrap yard, install the harness for the USB port and get the dealer to reflash the BCM, Do-able, but worthwhile???? While you're at it replace the stock 6-channel amp with the Pioneer 8-channel one so you get the internal sub working...

Members online

No members online now.