2012 LT2 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12nox

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals, I wanted to stop in and say hello. My long 3 month search is over and my girlfriend is so happy. Not so much about purchasing a Nox but the long search of coming in from work every evening and searching all over the internet at cars.com, Autotrader.com and reading tons of reviews.

I traded a 2007 Impala 6 cylinder for a White 2012 LT2 4 cylinder. I was originally going to get a 2010-2013 LS with and just upgrade the fog lights, remote start and tinted windows. After I saw how much that was going to cost me and headache getting the fog lights programmed I figured just to buy a LT and ended up with an LT2. The owner bought it from this dealer and then traded it back into the same dealer so I was very happy with the carfax report that I ran. They even did all the service at this dealer on time.

I live 30 miles away from work so I needed to get a vehicle that is fair on fuel though I always told myself never buy a SUV or Truck and say that... But the Nox really does awesome on fuel. I live in Nelson County Virginia and purchased the Nox in Richmond so we had a 2 hour drive back. I was up to 33 mpg and now since I am back in the blue ridge mountains I am around 30 mpg. I will still be happy even if it drops to 27-28 mpg which I am sure it will as I will get more comfortable with the vehicle.

The only question and I will do a search about this is the towing. I would like to add a towing package to tow just a small trailer to pick up lumber/plywood and we have to haul our own trash here in the mountains. I know that I can find a bolt on system but just wondering how hard it would be adding a lighting harness. I don't want to blow any fuses or mess anything up. (oh and I didn't get an AWD so I am going to be stranded during snow but I really never liked driving in the snow anyway, not so much me but the other fool crashing into me).

Anyway I just wanted to say hello and I will enjoy reading your posts and leaning all about my Nox.

Jon

12nox

Reaction score
Oh and I will add photos once I get it cleaned up. We hit a pretty bad storm on the way back and white loves to show dirt lol. With it being waxed really well it should wash off pretty easy.

12nox

Reaction score
Thanks! I am looking forward to getting one of your decals that your advertising. I will stay tuned and get one on the back of my Nox when you get them made up. I have paypal and will send you some funds over when ready.

Just an update on the Nox. I am having so much fun with it. I have a long drive to work (49 miles) from the mountains to the flat lands in West Central Virginia. I noticed the stick option is really cool when going up these mountains. I put it in 4th and to be a 4 cylinder I am really impressed. Im having to stop by the car wash daily because of my gravel driveway lol but I dont mind. When it gets colder outside I guess it will start getting more dirtier but it has a great wax job on it.

I am averaging 30.5 mpg traveling 60 mph all the way with no stops to and from work so I am very pleased and shocking everyone when they ask.

1ATony

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Jon, it's great to have you here!

Tony

Members online

No members online now.