2012 Equinox Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nox-rocks

Reaction score
My engine on my new equinox is coded as LAF. The new engine for 2012 is coded as LEA. I have no clue what that diference is. Here is what I've found.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/meet-your-2012-chevrolet-truck-lineup-102251/
Deletions

(GBV) Cyber Gray Metallic
(GIS) Cardinal Red Metallic
(PCN) Audio system with Rear Entertainment
(PCJ) Audio system with Navigation/Infotainment
(PDB) Audio system with Navigation/Infotainment and Rear Entertainment
(PFF) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) aluminum
(Q6D) Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) machined aluminum
(R3P) Wheels, 19" (48.3 cm) chrome-clad aluminum
(V92) Trailering equipment, includes Class II 1 - 1/4" receiver hitch and 4-wire connection

New Features

(LEA) 2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) E85 capable when ordered with (FE9) Federal emissions (182 hp [135.7 kW @ 6700 rpm, 172 lb-ft [232.2 N-m] @ 4900 rpm)
(RSB) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) aluminum (New RPO only was PFF)
(RSX) Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) chrome-clad aluminum
(RT6) Wheels, 19" (48.3 cm) chrome aluminum (New RPO only was R3P)
(UFU) Audio system, AM/FM/XM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback capability, 7" color touch-screen display, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, auxiliary input jack and outside temperature display
(UEW) Audio system with navigation, AM/FM/XM stereo, CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, 7" color touch-screen display and GPS navigation system with SD card memory
(UEU) Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning

Changes

(PDM) Cargo Management Package no longer available on 1LT/2LT (content available through GM Accessories)
(PCP) Bluetooth Package is no longer available on 1LS (content excluding leather-wrapped steering wheel is now standard on 1LS)
(R13) Chrome Appearance Package no longer available on 2LT
(DD8) Self-dimming inside rearview mirror or (UVC) Rear Vision Camera no longer part of the available (PDD) Driver Convenience Package on 1LT
(UVC) Rear Vision Camera standard on 1LT
(AKO) Glass, deep-tinted (all windows, except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver- and front passenger-side glass) replaces (AJ1) Glass, Solar-Ray deep-tinted (all windows, except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver- and front passenger-side glass)

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
E85 flex fuel capability was not an option on the 2011 I4, you could get the V6 with E85 but even that was not standard.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I think I can get that on long HWY drive.

Wish the 2011 had this
(UEW) Audio system with navigation, AM/FM/XM stereo, CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, 7" color touch-screen display and GPS navigation system with SD card memory

Members online

No members online now.