2012 Adding USB port on base model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Controllerkk

Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2012 base Equinox and notice it only has 3mm plug for auxiliary input. What would it take to be able to use a USB connection? Beyond the new jack in the center console, is the radio able to accept this use? Could it be as simple as getting a new jack and the radio would accept the plug configuration? And if I haven't asked enough, is there any place that details removal of the center console and radio?

Thanks in advance to all responses.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2012 base Equinox and notice it only has 3mm plug for auxiliary input. What would it take to be able to use a USB connection? Beyond the new jack in the center console, is the radio able to accept this use? Could it be as simple as getting a new jack and the radio would accept the plug configuration? And if I haven't asked enough, is there any place that details removal of the center console and radio?

Thanks in advance to all responses.

Those are all great questions... I have the LT2 and it has the white block with usb and head phone Aux.

I would start looking into parts list on gmpartsdirect.com and the dealer can be a help with part numbers too... Hope this helps.

Members online