2011 Equinox P0013 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbusch66

Reaction score
I have a 2.4L 2011 Equinox that had an error code P0013 which relates to the Solenoids. I replaced both Solenoids and used a scanner to clear the code but within 10 minutes of doing so, the CEL came back on showing the same code. Is this something that I have to cycle through because its being stored in memory or something? I am wondering what my next step should be? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TARDIS B

Reaction score
First, make sure you bought quality parts or genuine GM parts. Also, when replacing the vvt solenoids you are supposed to change your oil before starting them up. I bought mine from Napa for a little over $100 for the pair. They came with an instruction card that said you must change the oil when replacing these parts. When I changed them I drained the oil. Changed the oil filter. Replaced both vvt solenoids. Then filled up with oil. Good luck.

Members online