2011 Equinox LT MIL, limp mode, service stabilitrak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Babsmitty

Reaction score
Good morning!

This week, as the temperatures dipped here in Michigan, my car was parked 4 days gathering snow. When I picked her up again yesterday, it sounded a little rough and the steering felt tight. I attributed it to both the weather and that I had been driving a high end luxury car for the week - the steering always feels tighter in my 'Nox comparatively. (Fleet car... Work...)

I moved my car (driving it maybe 400 feet) and parked for the day. At the end of the day, I used the remote start and let the car warm up a bit. When I got in the car, the MIL was on, the car is in limp mode (message stating reduced power to engine on driver information screen) the traction control light is illuminated and the driver information screen also said to service stabilitrak soon.

I carefully drove home as it was after 10 when I finally left work. It took about half an hour and my car stalled at every light. The good news is that it restarted without incident. I didn't drive over 35 as a precautionary measure but felt no loss of power, hear no new noises, the running temperature was fine,and the RPMs were even. I parked it for about an hour and then restarted and drove around the block. All of the messages were fine but the MIL remained on, so I parked it for the night.

When I started it up at 7:30 to go to work, it was the same - only MIL. By the time I got to the end of my street, however the other lights had returned. My dealership says they have a two to two-and-a-half week wait for service! Fortunately, I have an extended service contract with a low deductible... But this is the first real problem I've had with the old girl. I bought her new in 2011 with just 3 miles on her... I do drive a fair bit and she has 62k(ish) on her now.

I've read in other forums about a condition with the throttle body, but could this be due to the cold weather? I realize asking a forum to diagnose a car seems silly - but at this point, I just wanted to complain a little and get the insight of other owners.

Thanks! :)

Sheila Tuttle

Reaction score
I am having same problem,but now stalling out,on bad road conditions.
Was just losing power,at first.Suggestions?

LadyEquinox2007

Reaction score
Hi...everyone. I have a 2007 equinox that is doing the same thing (reduce engine and stability light). Its been at the CHEVY service but no luck. These problems only occur in bad weather (rain, fog, cold, ice). It has a new battery and the TB was cleaned but still the same problem. Hope someone can lend a hand and give us some feedback on this matter...would appreciate alot.

turoacosta

Reaction score
Hi, did you guys solve your problems. I am experiencing the same but i live in hot Belizean weather.

Members online

No members online now.