2011 Equinox LS 2.4 L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael1984

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a 2011 Equinox LS. It has 165000 estimated miles. I have two issues that I’ve noticed lately.

First issue. In mornings I start vehicle. If I start and go I notice that after letting off the accelerator, I here a chatter/rattling noise. It only happens when engine isn’t to normal temperature and only happens when letting off accelerator. I’m not sure what it is. It bugs me. I change oil every 3000 miles and keep oil to par. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Second issue. Shifting out of 2nd into 3rd gear. It seems too slip into 3rd. This only happens when I’m gentle with the accelerator and when it hasn’t warmed up. If I step on accelerator while cold it shifts normally. As I’m driving down the interstate and kick it down to pass someone. It seems to jerk into passing gear then is fine. I’ve tried turning the ECO on to lock the torque converter up and it seemed to make the issue not as bad but still exists. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Members online