2010 LT AWD - squeaking noise in rear while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vadikus

Reaction score
The noise only happens while the vehicle is in motion, and seems to be coming from the rear of the vehicle near the hatch or spare tire area. Sounds like a loose bolt squeaking or something, like metal on metal high-pitched squeaking. It is more pronounced while braking which I assume is from the vehicle vibrating more while the brakes are engaged.

While driving it is quiet but constant and I have to crank the radio so I don't go insane. The noise stops when the vehicle stops moving. Anyone have experience with this issue?

lachanct

Reaction score
2016 Equinox LS Squeaking in the Rear

I have a 2016 Equinox LS that I purchase brand new in May and once the cold weather hit in New England, the same squeaking that you're describing began. I think it has something to do with the spare tire. The area surrounding the spare tire looks and feels like styrofoam. We all know what a styrofoam cooler sounds like. Very similar. I traded in my 2011 Equinox and never head anything like that in the 5 years that I owned it. Never had any reason to check out the spare tire area. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's very annoying.

JohnM

Reaction score
Sorry for dragging up an old post, I found that the interior panel of my trunk hatch (2021 LT) is loose and make a squirrel chirping noise. Does anyone have experience tightening that panel back down?

Members online

No members online now.