2010 Equinox with transmission problem - how much should I hope to get for it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcave44

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Equinox LT AWD, 115k miles, 4 cyl. Needs an exhaust manifold and transmission repair or replace. I'm looking to sell it. How much should I hope to get for it? I've never sold an undrivable car before. And I know I'll get nothing from a dealer or Peddle. If I sell it locally as a "mechanic's special" type deal is more what I'm thinking. Thanks.

Last edited:

corvairbob

Reaction score
you may be able to craigslist it as a fixer upper and list the issue or facebook but i do not use facebook so watch out there for scammers. if you live on a busy street put a sign in it and state the issue and if you sell it yourself make 2 sales slips and put on the sales slip as is where is and date and price and have them sign both copies to cover your behind you sign it also. also you may want to state bad trans just in case they try to cause issues. and yes a dealer may take it off your hands. as is where is tells them they are buying what they see setting in your drive. nothing more nothing less. and check your state to make sure if they have a 3 day return on car sales. mi does but not for side of the road and as is where is sales

there are lots of guys the get this type of item to fix and resell. good luck

cavell

Reaction score
I bought a 2010 Ltz for $800 2 yrs ago. Had a bum trans. But 180k miles. Seller said it had new head. Ran fine. It did move. Had a bit of rocker rust. I found a used trans but decided to sell it. For 800. I see same rig for sale a lot. $1200? Usual price now.

Members online