2010 equinox transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daughty

Reaction score
Ok, I'm having an issue with the transmission on my 2010 Equinox. While driving the transmission seems to take itself out of gear and causes me to have to coast to a stop. "Engine is still running at this time." After I stop if I immediately turn the engine off and start it again, I try to shift it won't move forward nor reverse.
After waiting a few minutes and letting the car sit and everything off. I can start it and it will shift and drive for anywhere from 100-500 feet and it'll repeat the issue. There is no gear grinding sounds just a small "whinnying noise"
I'm wondering if there's a linkage issue, solenoid issue? Any ideas I'd greatly appreciated it!

cavell

Reaction score
Been a few weeks. What’s the outcome?

Daughty

Reaction score
Sold the car, didn't want to invest $4000 on a new transmission. But we started to think it was a solenoid issue.

Daughty

Reaction score
It had 154,000 so we didn't want to risk the engine going out after dropping $4000

Members online