2010 2.4 ecotec swap with a 2013 2.4 ecotec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe mcpherson

Reaction score
I have a equinox that i am having a bundle on problems with i really need some help im going to tell u everything ive done.....ok so i have a 2010 equinox with a 2.4 ecotec it overheated and kille the engine so i replaced the engine with a newer engine that came out of a 2013 model so when i got done with the engine swap i fired it up she ran ok for a couple of seconds then the display on the dash said engine power reduced so i check the code and it said the fuel pressure regulator so i read up online and found out that i have to change the camshaft because i used a lea engine in a laf car so i tear it down changed the intak camshaft and sprocket and the vvt solenoid put the car back together and now it wont start it acts like its gonna fire up but it dosent i really need some help ive been workin on this thing for 2 weeks pls someone any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Moreside85

Reaction score
Laf and Lea use different phasers also. They are clocked at different degrees. You need to swap the ecm/bcm out if im not mistaken. I recall reading something about this a couple years ago when I looked into the swap also when I owned my 2011. My 2012 needs an engine also. Rear main seal failure

Members online