2009 Equinox hesitates uphill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdman77

Reaction score
Hi my 2009 Chevy Equinox hesitates and jerks a little when I go uphill or when I get between 70-80 kilometers an hour on the highway when it shifts into high gear. Like its not getting enough gas. I am wondering if anyone has had similar problems and knows what the cause is? It drives ok otherwise on level highway at 100kms. There are no codes.

Last edited:

birdman77

Reaction score
Unfortunately the hesitation uphill has started again. I had changed the coil pack, but still no change. I took the spark plug wires off and added some dialectic grease on all of them just to check them over. I may change the wires and put new ones on later. I open up the MAF sensor and cleaned it with some MAF sensor cleaner as I read sometimes a dirty MAF sensor causes hesitation and unbalanced air and fuel mixture. Sprayed some carburetor cleaner into THROTTLE BODY just to clean it out. Put MAF sensor and intake hose back together. Went for a drive down the highway and it doesn't hesitate at 70 kilometers anymore or uphill. What it was I am not sure.
PS. Also got a P0405 trouble code, and engine light, multitrack light come on before I cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle.

Last edited:

schovil69

Reaction score
Have you looked up what that trouble code is?

FYI - You do not have a carburetor on you nox. You have a throttle body.

birdman77

Reaction score
Yah trouble code had to do with an EGR recirculation issue. But I put a new EGR valve on it before.
I figured out it was the throttle body. Took it off and cleaned it. The back of it was black with thick carbon built up. Have no issues with hesitation anymore.
Looked up some you tube videos and saw it was a common problem for hesitation on equinox's.

Last edited:

schovil69

Reaction score
That's good to know. Folks don't typically return to tell us about the solution once found. Thanks for the response.

Members online

No members online now.