2008 equinox 3.4 reoccurring p0455

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zanerwaner

Reaction score
My wife and I have owned this car since it was new. It has relatively low miles for a 2008 just now reached 58,000 miles. Nonetheless I have taken meticulous care of it. Last month I got a p0455 code evap. So I did what most people do and I bought a brand new GM gas cap and clear the light. A few days later the light came back on and I changed the evap purge valve under the hood and clear the light again. A day or two later the light came back on so I changed the tank vent solenoid and the charcoal canister and cleared the light. 24 hours later the check engine light is back on. I have inspected as many of the EVAP lines as I can and they all look to be in perfect condition. I don't understand why I have this reoccurring code has anybody else been through this?

clb520

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Equinox & had this issue. First thing I changed was my Purge Solenoid valve, easy to do yourself. It took the code away for a bit. As weird as what I will say might sound, it could be your EGR valve. I’ve had this code also. Also if your Service traction control comes on, it could be the EGR valve. Something quirky about the 2006-2009 Equinox & this EGR valve. The EGR valve really should have nothing to do with this, but strangely Ive found online others that have had same codes & replacing this cleared them. Also try a good fuel additive & run it thru. Sometimes that clears the code. The P0455 code itself can come & go & not even trigger the Check engine light. Matter of fact, mine has had the code (not check engine light, that auto fails if it’s on) & passed the Echeck system in our state, we have to get to get our plate sticker, every year. (Echeck is every 2 yrs here, depending on year of the vehicle)

lyoung4379

Reaction score
My wife and I have owned this car since it was new. It has relatively low miles for a 2008 just now reached 58,000 miles. Nonetheless I have taken meticulous care of it. Last month I got a p0455 code evap. So I did what most people do and I bought a brand new GM gas cap and clear the light. A few days later the light came back on and I changed the evap purge valve under the hood and clear the light again. A day or two later the light came back on so I changed the tank vent solenoid and the charcoal canister and cleared the light. 24 hours later the check engine light is back on. I have inspected as many of the EVAP lines as I can and they all look to be in perfect condition. I don't understand why I have this reoccurring code has anybody else been through this?
I have an '06 Equinox with same issue. I've change purge valve, canister vent valve, EGR valve to no avail. I plan to replace canister vent valve electrical connector next. I have the connector, just haven't installed it yet.

Members online