2006 Torrent Glove Box removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbc105

Reaction score
I need to remove the glove box so I can get to the screws holding the console side panel on. I have searched the forum and I don' tfind anything. Looks like it has 4 pins, 2 in the read to piviot on and 2 closer to the front to control how far down the glove box will tilt. Can someone tell me how to remove these pins without killing them? or tell my how to remove the box if it is not by removing the pins? Many thanks, DC

corvairbob

Reaction score
do they look like these they pop up with a small flat screwdriver.

th?id=OIP.jpg

if like these you unscrew them a bit.
th?id=OIP.jpg

other wise post photos so we know what your talking about.

corvairbob

Reaction score
here is a YT on the torrent center console removal this one shows how to take them off this is for taking out the heater core but may be relavent to your issue.

dbc105

Reaction score
The pins are not a typical Push Pin type of attachment, they look to have a twist tab on them but I can't turn them with my fingers. I've not tried to get forceful with them, I thought I would ask here 1st.

I watched the vid and the one thing they don't show is removing the glovebox. But, I did see that the console side panels are screwed to gether on the rear end of the console so maybe I can just take off the drivers side as that is what I am needed off the most. I anm replacing the heater code but I'm not pulling the entire dash but I wanted to get everything wet out of the car to dry. I have the carpet all out and I would like to get as much of the cowl pad out as possible as if has a foam type backing on it and that is all wet and I would like to get it out to dry.

Thanks for the help so far.

corvairbob

Reaction score
here is a YT showing how to take out the hearer core out without takeing the dash out of the car watch this ans see if it works better for you i used the term "how to remove the heater core on the 2008 torrent"

if you want to try and clean it out with taking it out of the car her is eric the car guy doing one in this YT.

so try these and see if either one works better for you. the first YT shows taking out the console i think i send one to tyou about taking out the console.

also this one shows another way to take off the console and remove the heater core. this last YT show going in thru the gas peddle good luck.

dbc105

Reaction score
Well good news, I carried a pare of pliers out to the car and grabbed one of the clips by the tab on it and turned like I was trying to unscrew it and it turns 1/4 turn and then can pull out. I removed the 2 that worked as stops to prevent the box from openning too far and was able to get to the bolt on the side of the console panel and wa able to remove it.

This last video is how I'm planning to replace mine. Theonly reason for removing all the other stuff was to get it all dry. I just bought the car for my grandson and along with a bad heater core it also had a sunroof drain loose so the floor was soaked. I've already repaired the sunroof drains and tested those, now it's the heater core.

Thanks for the replies and maybe this will help someone else in the future.

DC

corvairbob

Reaction score
Well good news, I carried a pare of pliers out to the car and grabbed one of the clips by the tab on it and turned like I was trying to unscrew it and it turns 1/4 turn and then can pull out. I removed the 2 that worked as stops to prevent the box from openning too far and was able to get to the bolt on the side of the console panel and wa able to remove it.

Thanks for the replies and maybe this will help someone else in the future.

DC
great hope all works out good for you

corvairbob

Reaction score
ok here is another YT shoing how to get to the heater core without takeing the dash all apart

this YT and the last one in the previous reply look to be the best removal instructions. good luck to you.

corvairbob

Reaction score
because removing the heater core is a job you may want to try cleaning it out so you may want to triy eric the car guys procedure i would first try to blow out the core unless it is leaking then of course you have to replace it. there are some products that will do a good job of sealing a heater core leak but replacing it would be best. again good luck to you let us know how it goes and what you ended up doing.

also have you checke to make sure the radiator is full? that will cause no heat. if you do not have a leak here is a YT that shows how to test for air in the lines and how to bleed that out.

Members online